Show All | Hide All
- "Personal information" or "personally identifiable information," which is information by which you may be personally identified, including, for example, your name, email address, telephone numbers, company affiliation, physical address, credit card and other payment information (including the three or four digit security code on the back of your credit card), screen names, drivers license number, social security number, passport number, frequent flyer or other affinity program numbers, and any other information by which you may be personally identified. Personal information also may include information that may not be personally identifiable standing alone (for example, your age), but which may become personally identifiable when combined with personal information (for example, your age combined with your name).
- "Non-personal information," which is information that is about you but which does not identify you individually and is not linked to any personal information, including information regarding your use of our Website, such as your IP address, your device type, your browser type, the operating system or platform you are using, the name of your Internet Service Provider, the third-party website from which your visit to the Website originated and the exiting website, clickstream data, the search terms you enter on the Website, the specific web pages that you visit on the Website, and the time, date, and duration of your visit to the Website. Non-personal information may include personally identifiable information that has been de-identified, or in other words, rendered anonymous.
We may collect this information through various means, including: (a) directly from you when you provide it to us, for example, via forms that you fill out on the Website, in emails and other communications and information that you submit via the Website, and when you make a reservation; (b) automatically as you navigate through the Website, including via cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies; and (c) from third parties, including without limitation our service providers.
The information we collect may include following types of information that you provide:
- Your contact information, such as your name, home and business addresses, email address, company name, phone number, title, screen name or username;
- Your travel-related information, such as your frequent flyer number, preferred airlines, rental car providers, passport number and date and place of issue, and travel history;
- Your demographic information, such as your date of birth/, gender, marital status, number of children, and nationality;
- Information you provide at the time you request information, register to use our Website, subscribe to receive information by mail, e-mail or text message about our properties and services, make a reservation, or request further services, such as a concierge request;
- Details about events or meetings that you plan with us, such as the date of the event, the guest list, and information about the guests at your event;
- Information and content (including photographs) that you may submit to us or post to public areas on our Website (click here to go to the User Contributions section below);
- Information you provide when you enter a contest or promotion;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us, which may include information that you submit in a general comment and/or recommendation posted on or sent through on our Website or when you report a problem with our Website;
- Your responses and other information you may share in response to surveys and other market research that we might ask you to complete (although you do not have to respond to them);
- Information about your travel preferences or relating to your reservations, including the properties you have visited, your arrival and departure dates, any special requests you may make, your guest preferences (including those relating to amenities, facilities, housekeeping and room preference), vehicles you may bring to the properties, on-property services that you may request (including concierge services, health clubs, spa services, activities, child care services, and equipment rental);
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and the fulfillment of your reservation requests, including financial information such as your credit card details or bank and routing information, which may be requested before making a reservation through our Website;
- Certain sensitive personal information, including your social security number, drivers license number, or certain health information that you choose to share with us (such as allergy information or other health conditions that may affect your guest preferences or special requests);
- Your communications preferences; and
- Other personal information that you choose to provide.
Please keep in mind that in many instances personal information is required for you to participate in a particular activity, for us to provide a certain service or benefit to you, for us to complete a request you have made, or for you to gain access to certain features, functionalities or content on our Website. If you elect not to provide us with certain personal information, we may not be able to offer these services and functionalities to you.
As you navigate through and interact with the Website, we, our service providers and third parties may automatically collect information about your visits to our Website, your equipment, and your browsing action and patterns. This information includes, but is not limited to:
- Details of your visits to our Website and the resources that you access, such as traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data, the referring page and the exiting website, the search terms you use on our Website, the pages that you visit on our Website, and the time, date and duration of your visits to our Website;
- Information about your computer or devices and internet connection, such as your IP address, the operating system or platform you are using, your browser type and your Internet Service Provider; and
- Information about traffic patterns, number of visits to certain pages, visits from other websites or to third-party websites linked to the Website, and visitors’ use of particular services and interest in services, information or features of the Website.
Automatically-collected information helps us to administer and improve our Website, to store your preferences and deliver you a better and more personalized experience and service, to recognize you when you return to the Website, and to optimize your use of the Website. We and our service providers may use IP addresses to understand the locations from which our Website visitors are accessing the Website. This information also may enable us to develop and offer new features and services and to target advertisements. We also monitor aggregated and other automatically-collected data regarding use of our Website for marketing purposes and to study, improve and promote use of the Website in connection with such purposes.
The technologies used for automatic data collection may include cookies (also known as browser cookies), pixel tags, web beacons and other tracking technologies. To learn more, click here to go to the "Cookies and Pixel Tags" section below.
We also may share website usage information and other automatically-collected data about visitors to our Website with third parties, such as advertising networks and ad servers, for the purpose of managing, targeting and serving advertisements and for market research analysis on our Website and other websites. These advertisements may be targeted to specific searches you conducted on our Website during earlier browsing sessions or may be the result of information collected via cookies and pixel tags. To learn more, click here to go to the "Online Tracking" section below.
Cookies, unique identifiers, pixel tags, web beacons and other tracking technologies may, among other things, help to speed navigation through our Website, keep track of information (such as your password) so that you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit our Website, store your preferences, and help to provide you with customized content, including advertisements and other offers that are tailored to your apparent interests. These technologies also may help us and our service providers to authenticate users, measure the usage of pages on the Website, make content more accessible, track responses to ads, email campaigns and other content, determine your ability to receive HTML email so that we know the appropriate format for you to receive email, determine how many users open emails, compile data on email and other marketing campaigns, track conversions, record difficulties you experience with the Website, see overall patterns of usage on the Website, and enable social media functions. We and our service providers also may use these tracking technologies to collect and maintain aggregated data (such as the number of visitors) to help us see which areas are most popular with our users, to improve and update the content on the Website, to identify what content is effective, to optimize the Website and its content, to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers, to track advertising, to enhance Website usability, and to provide ads, offers and other promotions that we believe may be of interest to you. We and our service providers may analyze the information derived from cookies and match this information with data provided by you or another party.
How We Respond To Do Not Track Signals
Our Website does not recognize web browser "do not track" signals at this time. We may work with third parties that use tracking technologies on the Website, including in order to provide tailored advertisements on our behalf and on behalf of other advertisers across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your activity on the Website and your interaction with our advertising and other communications, and use this information to determine which ads you see on third-party websites and applications. If you wish for more information about this practice and to understand your options, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/ or http://www.aboutads.info.
- To present the Website and its contents to you;
- To register you as a Website member and process other enrollments;
- To fulfill the services, reservations and transactions that you request from us, including facilitating your requests to plan and purchase hotel accommodations or other travel services and to reserve dining, lounge and spa services;
- To respond to your requests for information (including information about reservations, accommodations, weddings, meetings, events, properties, real estate, or other matters or opportunities), to respond to your other emails, questions, comments, suggestions, complaints, and to provide customer service;
- To improve our services and properties and to develop new services, properties and offerings;
- To validate your identity or verify communications from you;
- To enter you into, to conduct and administer promotions, sweepstakes, prize draws and other contests;
- To conduct customer satisfaction, market research and quality assurance surveys;
- For marketing purposes, including interest-based advertising, sending you promotional materials, and notifying you about special promotions, offers, events or opportunities that may be of interest to you
- To send you marketing communications about the products and services offered by property owners, marketing partners and other third parties, including without limitation offers regarding residential sales opportunities;
- To accommodate your preferences, to personalize and improve your Website experience , and to improve our services at our properties and on our Website;
- To manage, store and enhance guest data and preferences;
- To monitor and analyze Website traffic, usage and trends, to understand guest and visitor needs and trends, to track revenues and bookings, to improve the Website and our advertising and marketing campaigns, and to increase the Website's functionality;
- To send you important notices, such as communications about purchases, programs you have joined, and changes to our terms, conditions and policies;
- To send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Website;
- To protect the security or integrity of our Website, properties and business;
- To prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities, to investigate and resolve disputes and problems, and to otherwise comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- For any other purpose that is disclosed to you at the point of collection of the personal information, for any purpose for which you provide your prior consent, or for any other lawful purpose.
- Contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business, including those performing core services (such as reservations, billing, credit card processing, customer support services, customer relationship management, property management, accounting, auditing, processing insurance claims, administering sweepstakes, surveys, email and mailing services, data storage, and security) related to the operation of the Website, the operation of our properties and properties operated under our family of trademarks, the provision of services at those properties, the processing and fulfillment of your reservations and requests, and making certain Website functionalities available to Website users.
- To fulfill any purpose for which you provide it.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is required to protect the property, assets or security of the Website, or content found on the Website, or to protect the Website from unauthorized use or misuse.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Viceroy Hotel Group, our customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Where permitted or required by law and without your consent to comply with any court order, legal process, subpoena, or other legal or regulatory requirements.
- To otherwise fulfill a government request for information.
- To respond to claims that any posting or other content of our Website violates the rights of third parties, including without limitation providing information necessary to satisfy the notice and counter-notice procedures pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- For any other purpose disclosed when you provide the information.
- When we obtain your consent to do so.
The Website is not designed or intended to be used by anyone under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, do not use the Website, register as a user on the Website, make reservations or other purchases via the Website, use any interactive features of the Website, or post any personal information to or submit any personal information via the Website. We do not knowingly market to or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, do not send or otherwise provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or screen name. A parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 may request deletion of such child’s personally identifiable information and prohibit the use thereof as provided by law. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe that child has provided us with their personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or any of the other ways described in the "Contact Us" section below to let us know and we will take reasonable steps to delete and cease use of that information in accordance with applicable law.
The Website may provide links to a other websites that we believe might offer you useful information and services, but which we do not control or maintain. Be aware that those websites may not follow the same privacy policies as our Website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the actions of those websites or their operators. We urge you to note when you leave our Website and to read the privacy statements of other websites for information about their data collection practices before submitting any personally identifiable information or other sensitive data to those websites. If you have any questions about the privacy practices of other websites, you should contact the relevant parties controlling these websites for more information.
We have created the following mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Your Account. If you have registered on the Website, you may be able to login to your account to change or update certain information and preferences to keep all such data accurate, complete and up-to-date. You also may be able to update or correct certain information by contacting us as described in the "Contact Us" section below.
- Cookies and Online Tracking. Click here for more information on how you can manage and disable cookies and other online tracking technologies. Please keep in mind, however, that you may not be able to access the full functionality of our Website if cookies are disabled.
- Promotional Emails. You can opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we or one of our service providers or marketing partners have sent you a promotional email, you may use the "unsubscribe" link or send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. Please keep in mind that opting out of marketing emails may impact our ability to allow you access to certain offers, benefits and features. Please also note that even if you opt out of receiving certain marketing emails, that opt-out may not apply to other communications that you may continue to receive from us, such as customer service messages, messages about your account or transactions with us, and emails responding to your communications with us or requests for information that we receive from you.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits residents of the State of California to request certain information about our disclosure of certain personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request you should send (a) an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading "California Privacy Rights," or (b) a letter addressed to Viceroy Hotel Group, Attention: Digital & Privacy, 750 North San Vicente Boulevard East, Suite 1000, West Hollywood, California 90069. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the California privacy rights requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted to addresses other than the addresses specified in this paragraph.
By writing to us:
Viceroy Hotel Group
Attention: Digital & Privacy
750 North San Vicente Boulevard East, Suite 1000
West Hollywood, California 90069