Show All | Hide All
Our goal is to provide you with an experience that delivers the information, resources and services that are most relevant to you. To achieve this goal, part of the operation of our Services includes gathering certain types of information from and about you.
The information we collect and obtain about you may include the following types of information that you provide to us or to our service providers and other strategic partners:
- Your contact information, such as your name, home and business address, email address, company name, phone number;
- Your travel-related information, such as your frequent flyer number, DISCOVERY program membership number, preferred airlines, rental car providers, and travel history;
- Your demographic information, such as your date of birth, gender, and number of children;
- Information you provide to enroll and participate in guest loyalty programs, including the DISCOVERY multi-brand guest loyalty program operated by the Global Hotel Alliance (“GHA”);
- Details about events or meetings that you plan with us, such as the date of the event, the guest list, and information about the guests at your event;
- Information and content (including photographs) that you may submit to or share with us (discussed in the “User Contributions” section below);
- Information you provide when you enter a contest or promotion;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail address), if you contact us, which may include information that you submit in a general comment and/or recommendation posted on or sent through our Services or when you report a problem with our Services;
- Your responses and other information you may share in response to surveys and other market research that we might ask you to complete (although you do not have to respond to them);
- Information about your travel preferences or relating to your reservations, such as the properties you have visited, your arrival and departure dates and any special requests you may make, your guest preferences (including those relating to amenities, facilities, housekeeping and room preference), vehicles you may bring to the properties, on-property services that you may request (including concierge services, health clubs, spa services, activities, child care services, equipment rental, and restaurant or room delivery services);
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Services and the fulfillment of your reservation requests, including payment information such as your credit card details;
- and Other information that you choose to provide.
Please keep in mind that in many instances personal information is required for you to participate in a particular activity, for us to provide a certain service or benefit to you, for us to complete a request you have made, or for you to gain access to certain features, functionalities or content through our Services. If you elect not to provide certain personal information, we may not be able to offer these services and functionalities to you.
We have engaged third-party service providers to assist us in providing certain transactions and services to you while visiting our websites and using the Services. These transactions and services (e.g., reservations, payment processing, hosting) may be processed or provided by third party service providers, even though it appears that you may not have left our website. These service providers collect and use information collected from and about you to offer and provide these services. We are not responsible for the security of the information collected, used, or maintained by these service providers.
Testimonials and photographs that you share with us (e.g., wedding photographs) may be disclosed through our Services and social media platforms, such as Instagram, along with your name.
As you navigate through and interact with the website, we, our service providers and other third parties may automatically collect information about your visits to our website, your devices, and your online browsing activities. This information may include, but is not limited to:
- Information about how and when you access and use our website and the resources that you access, such as traffic data, location data, log data and other communication data, HTTP referrer, the referring page and the exiting website, the search terms you use on our website, the pages that you visit on our website, and the time, date and duration of your visits to our website;
- Information about your phone, tablet, computer or other devices and internet connection, such as your IP address, unique IDs (such as cookies placed on your computer, mobile or device IDs), the operating system or platform you are using, your device settings, your browser type, settings and information, and your Internet Service Provider; and
- Information about traffic patterns, number of visits to certain pages, visits from other websites or to third-party websites linked to the Website, and visitors’ use of particular services and interest in services, information or features of the website.
In some instances, we may maintain or associate automatically-collected information with directly identifying and other personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. Such combined information will be treated as personal information. We may use and disclose automatically-collected information, aggregated information, and de-identified information we collect and obtain for any purpose, except where applicable law requires otherwise. If we are required to treat automatically-collected information, aggregated, or de-identified information as personal information under applicable law, then we will only use it in the same way this policy or applicable law permits.
The technologies used for automatic data collection include technologies such as cookies (also known as browser cookies), pixel tags, web beacons and other tracking technologies. To learn more, click here to go to the “Cookies, Pixel Tags and Other Tracking Technologies” section below.
Web beacons and pixel tags are another technology that we and our service providers use in conjunction with the Services and in certain ads and emails from us. Web beacons are bits of programming code embedded into pages on websites, emails, and ads that notify us (and the service providers we work with) when you view or click on those web pages, emails or ads.
Cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, and other tracking technologies may, among other things, help to speed navigation through our Services, keep track of information so that you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit, store your preferences, and help us and third parties to provide you with customized content, including advertisements and other offers that are tailored to your apparent interests. These technologies also help us and third parties to authenticate users, measure the usage of pages on the website and apps, make content more accessible, track responses to ads, email campaigns and other content, determine your ability to receive HTML email so that we know the appropriate format for you to receive email, determine how many users open emails, compile data on email and other marketing campaigns, track conversions, record difficulties you experience with the Services, see overall patterns of usage of the Services, perform website and advertising analytics, and enable social media functions. These technologies also are used by us and by third parties, such as advertising networks and ad servers, for the purpose of managing, targeting and serving advertisements, creating audiences for interest-based advertising, and for market research analysis on our Services.
We, our service providers, and other third parties also may use these tracking technologies to collect and maintain aggregated data (such as the number of visitors) to help us monitor and improve Services and user experience as well as for marketing purposes. We, our service providers and other third parties may analyze the information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies and match this information with data provided by you or another party, including without limitation by using hashing technologies.
At this time, we do not respond to browser do-not-track signals. We work with third parties that use tracking technologies, in order to provide tailored advertisements on our behalf and on behalf of other advertisers across the Internet. These companies may include advertising networks and ad servers that track and collect information about your activity and interests on our website and on other websites over time, as well as your interaction with our advertising and other communications, and use this information to make predictions about your characteristics, interests or preferences and to display targeted advertisements across the Internet tailored to your apparent interests, which is known as interest-based advertising. If you wish for more information about this practice and to understand your options, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org or http://www.aboutads.info.
Some advertising networks that we may work with, such as Google and Facebook, are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI), which offers a single location to opt-out of ad targeting from member companies. To visit the NAI to learn more about interest-based advertising generally, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/, and visit http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#!/ to use the NAI’s opt-out tool. For mobile users, you also have numerous controls in your Operating System that enable you to choose whether to allow cookies, or share your advertising ID with third parties. For some information on controlling your mobile choices, click here.
Some of the third parties that we may work with may participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance’s self-regulatory program, which provides consumers tools to opt-out of receiving interest-based advertising. Click here to learn more about the DAA’s WebChoices tool. To help control or block certain ads in mobile applications, you may choose to download and utilize the DAA mobile app by clicking here.
To present the Services and our content to you;
- To register your account;
- To fulfill the services, reservations and transactions that you request from us, including facilitating your requests to plan and purchase hotel accommodations or other travel services and to reserve dining, lounge and spa services;
- To respond to your requests for information (including information about reservations, accommodations, weddings, meetings, events, properties, real estate, or other matters or opportunities), to respond to your other emails, questions, comments, suggestions, complaints, and to provide customer service;
- To improve our services and properties and to develop new services, properties and offerings;
- To validate your identity or verify communications from you;
- To enter you into, to conduct and administer promotions, sweepstakes, prize draws and other contests;
- To conduct customer satisfaction, market research and quality assurance surveys;
- For marketing purposes, including but not limited to, facilitating interest-based advertising, creating traveler profiles, creating custom audiences to target online and mobile advertising, sending integrated marketing messages across channels and devices, personalizing email marketing that we send to you, sending you other promotional materials, and notifying you about special promotions, offers, events or opportunities that may be of interest to you;
- To send you marketing communications about the products and services offered by property owners, marketing partners and other third parties, including without limitation offers regarding residential sales opportunities;
- To accommodate your preferences, to personalize and improve your experience, to customize content that we send to you and/or your preferred device, and to improve our services at our properties and when using our Services;
- To manage, store and enhance guest data and preferences;
- To enroll you in, facilitate the administration of, and coordinate offers and activities relating to, guest loyalty programs, including the DISCOVERY program;
- For Services and advertising analytics purposes, including but not limited to monitoring and analyzing website traffic, usage and trends, understanding guest and visitor needs and trends, tracking revenues and bookings, assessing the effectiveness of and improving the Services and our advertising and marketing campaigns, tracking conversions, and increasing website and apps functionality;
- To send you important notices, such as communications about purchases, programs you have joined, and changes to our terms, conditions and policies;
- To send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Services;
- To process applications for employment that you submit;
- To protect the security or integrity of our Services, properties and business;
- To prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities, to investigate and resolve disputes and problems, and to otherwise comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- For any other purpose that is disclosed to you at the point of collection of the personal information, for any purpose for which you provide your prior consent, or for any other lawful purpose.
We may use your information in furtherance of our legitimate interest to provide you with the Services offered by Viceroy. We may also use your information to manage our contractual relationship with you or to comply with our legal obligations.
To the extent we rely on consent for the processing of your personal information, we will seek such consent at the time we collect your personal data.
- The new owner and/or manager of a hotel or other property previously operated or licensed by Viceroy Hotel Group following a change in management or ownership of the hotel or other property;
- Service providers and other third parties we use to support our business, including without limitation those performing core services (such as reservations, billing, credit card processing, customer support services, customer relationship management, property management, accounting, auditing, processing insurance claims, administering sweepstakes, surveys, advertising and marketing, analytics, email and mailing services, data storage, and security) related to the operation of our business and/or the Services, the operation of our properties and properties operated under our family of trademarks, the provision of services at those properties, the processing and fulfillment of your reservations and requests, participation in and the administration of guest loyalty programs, and making certain functionalities available to our users;
- To fulfill any purpose for which you provide it;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is required to protect the property, assets or security of the Services or our business, content found on the Services, or to protect the Services from unauthorized use or misuse;
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Viceroy Hotel Group, our customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- Where permitted or required by law and without your consent to comply with any court order, legal process, subpoena, or other legal or regulatory requirements;
- To otherwise fulfill a government request for information;
- To respond to claims that any posting or other content of through our Services violates the rights of third parties, including without limitation providing information necessary to satisfy the notice and counter-notice procedures pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act;
- For any other purpose disclosed when you provide the information; and,
- When we obtain your consent to do so.
We will keep your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, to provide you with products or services, to carry out legitimate business interests, and where otherwise required or permitted by law.
The Services are not designed or intended to be used by anyone under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, do not use the Services, register as a user on the Services, make reservations or other purchases via the Services, use any interactive features of the Services, or post any personal information to or submit any personal information via the Services. We do not knowingly market to or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, do not send or otherwise provide any personal information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or screen name. A parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 may request deletion of their child’s personal information and prohibit the use thereof, as provided by law. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe that child has provided us with their personal information, please contact us at email@example.com or any of the other ways described in the “Contact Us” section below to let us know and we will take reasonable steps to delete and cease use of that information in accordance with applicable law.
We may provide links to other websites that we believe might offer you useful information and services, but which we do not control or maintain. Be aware that those websites may not follow the same privacy policies as Viceroy and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the actions of those websites or their operators. We urge you to note when you leave our website and to read the privacy statements of other websites for information about their data collection practices before submitting any personally identifiable information or other sensitive data to those websites.
If you have any questions about the privacy practices of other websites, you should contact the relevant parties controlling these websites for more information.
You may have certain choices when it comes to how we use your data and we want to provide you with information to make the choices that are right for you.
- Interest-Based Ads and Other Online Advertising. Visit http://www.networkadvertising.org or http://www.aboutads.info to learn more about your options for opting out of interest-based advertising. For more information on various opt-out options, visit the “Interest-Based Advertising” section above. We do not guarantee that all of the third parties we work with will honor the elections you make using those options. Please also keep in mind that even if you opt-out of receiving ads tailored to your apparent interests, you will continue to see online ads, but the ads that you see therefore may be less relevant to your interests.
- Mobile Devices. Your mobile device may offer settings relating to cookies, pixel tags, Flash cookies, and other similar technologies. We encourage to you to visit your device’s help menu to learn about your options to limit tracking when using your device. For some information on controlling your mobile choices, click here.
- Social Media Platforms and Networks. We encourage you to review your privacy options and settings with the social media platforms and networks you use to understand what choices you have about sharing information from those platforms and networks with us.
- Email Marketing. You can opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we or one of our service providers acting on our behalf have sent you a promotional email, you may use the “unsubscribe” link or send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. Please keep in mind that opting out of marketing emails may impact our ability to allow you access to certain offers, benefits and features. Please also note that even if you opt out of receiving certain marketing emails, that opt-out may not apply to other transactional or legal communications that you may continue to receive from us, such as customer service messages, messages about your account or transactions with us, notices about our policies and terms, and emails responding to your communications with us or requests for information that we receive from you.
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete personal information that you have previously provided to us, or if you would like to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Data for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by law), you can contact us at email@example.com.
In your request, please make clear what personal information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your personal information removed from our database, or other limitations you would like to put on our use of your personal information. We may reject your request, as permitted by applicable law.
We reserve the right to verify your identity in connection with any requests regarding personal data to help ensure that we provide the information we maintain to the individuals to whom it pertains, and allow only those individuals or their authorized representatives to exercise rights with respect to that information. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we often need to retain certain data for record keeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or reservation, or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Data provided until after the completion of such purchase, reservation, or promotion). There may also be residual data that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed. In addition, there may be certain data that we may not allow you to review for legal, security or other reasons.
The Services are operated in accordance with laws of the countries where we operate, including the United States. Visitors to the Service should be aware that the laws of the United States and other countries may differ from those of your country of residence. By using this Service, participating in any Service activities, and/or providing us with your personal information, you: (i) consent to the transfer of any information you provide through the Service to the United States or any other country or jurisdiction in our discretion, and to the processing of your personal information in such countries and jurisdictions; and (ii) acknowledge that U.S. law or the laws of other countries or jurisdictions in which we transfer or process personal information may be a different or a lower standard of protection for personal data than the laws of your country.
We may transfer personal data from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to countries that the European Commission has deemed to adequately safeguard personal information, in which case no additional safeguards are required in order to transfer this information. If we transfer your personal data to other countries, we will either transfer it subject to the recipient’s compliance with standard contractual clauses, EU-US Privacy Shield, or Binding Corporate Rules, or with your consent to the transfer, unless we are permitted by law to transfer personal data without such formalities. You may contact us for a copy of the specific safeguards applied to the export of your personal data.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits residents of the State of California who have an existing business relationship with us to request certain information about our disclosure of certain personal identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request you should send (a) an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “California Privacy Rights,” or (b) a letter addressed to Viceroy Hotel Group, Attention: Digital & Privacy, 750 North San Vicente Blvd., Suite 1000, Los Angeles California 90069. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the California privacy rights requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted to addresses other than the addresses specified in this paragraph.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you or your legal guardian to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to email@example.com. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
By writing to us:
Viceroy Hotel Group
Attention: Digital & Privacy
750 North San Vicente Boulevard East, Suite 1000
Los Angeles, California 90069