Second Nature: Environmental Responsibility and Sustainability
At Viceroy Miami, our commitment to sustainability is a responsibility we welcome. We are as dedicated to environmental sustainability as we are to meeting your needs, while ensuring that future generations will be able to enjoy south Florida’s natural beauty and resources. Although we’re aware of the impact of our industry on the ecosystem and that sustainability cannot happen instantly, we continue to enact measures to ensure we are shrinking our environmental footprint while providing a healthy and pleasurable ambiance for our guests with Viceroy’s distinctive style and service.
- For each guest, we provide local listings for eco-friendly restaurants, businesses and services.
- Our housekeeping staff utilizes our state-of-the-art Electrolyzer system, which creates in-house cleaning products that are non-toxic and hypoallergenic, ensuring that the air in your room is healthy, clean and fresh.
- All products, including soaps, shampoo and conditioner, for the spa, guest bathrooms and public restrooms are eco-friendly.
- Over 85% of the fixtures installed in the hotel are low flow, meaning they use less water than ordinary fixtures.
- A leak-detection system has been set up for all fixtures
- Viceroy Miami has implemented a linen and towel reuse program for our guests.
- Viceroy Miami has established incentives for employee carpooling and the use of public transport.
- We have a comprehensive recycling program that includes light bulbs, plastic, aluminum, glass, cardboard, paper, cell phones, batteries and printer cartridges.
- Our policy for newspaper delivery is by request only, and they are hung on guests’ doors in reusable bags.
- Viceroy Miami has adopted a Green Purchasing policy that outlines our commitment to purchasing sustainable, eco-friendly products whenever possible.
- We have actively increased the purchasing of food from local sources.