National Father-Daughter Day
October 9, 2022
Hours: 11:00 AM
Location: Figleaf Bar & Lounge
In celebration of National Father-Daughter Day, Hotel Zena is hosting an event to honor the relationship between dads and their daughters. Created by singer-songwriter Smokey Robinson, the holiday is meant to promote the development of young women through their father.
To recognize this special bond, Hotel Zena will offer these fun and interactive activities where families can participate:
- Professional hair braider who can teach dads how to braid their daughters’ hair, facilitated by Myriah Nonay (Braided by the Beast).
- Hair Braiding RSVP: https://bit.ly/zena-Father-Daughter
- Exhibit of “Framing Fatherhood” – a photojournalism collection celebrating Black fatherhood, curated by Dr. Imani M. Cheers from George Washington University’s Corcoran School of the Arts.
- Sunday Brunch is served from 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM (reservations encouraged)
- Sunday Brunch Reservation: https://bit.ly/Zena-figleaf
Families can then enjoy Sunday Brunch while catching the Commanders game at 1:00 PM. The Hair Breading session and Framing Fatherhood Exhibition will begin at 11:00 AM.