Cinco de Mayo at Viceroy Riviera Maya
May 5, 2022 - May 7, 2022
The team at Viceroy Riviera Maya is excited to welcome our guests to our Cinco de Mayo Celebration. Not to be mistaken with our national Independence Day, Cinco de Mayo is nonetheless an important date in Mexican history that celebrates the date of the Mexican Army's victory over France during the Battle of Puebla amid the Franco-Mexican War of 1861. Over time, this date has evolved as an opportunity to celebrate our rich cultural traditions and colorful national heritage, commemorating all aspects of our identity. Join us for this special 3-day fiesta that highlights some of the elements that we are most proud of. We are happy to share with you our exclusive Cinco de Mayo Package, available now and starting on Thursday, May 5th, 2022.
Enjoy the complete Cinco de Mayo experience for US $556.00 (+16% taxes & +15% service per person). Events may be purchased separately. Contact the front desk for more information.
THURSDAY, MAY 5TH
- Dinner at our Oceanfront Pool Terrace. 18:30
- Chef's Choice Dinner – Join us for dinner and enjoy our Chef's interpretation of the most traditional Mexican street food inspired by his upbringing in Mexico City and travels to Veracruz, San Miguel de Allende, and Oaxaca.
- Dinner Includes Mezcal Pairing
- Live Mariachi Band
FRIDAY, MAY 6TH
- Mezcal and Taco Pairing at Coral Restaurant. 13:00
- Tacos and Mezcal tasting hosted by Alberto Alvelais- Owner of “Pozo Hondo” Mezcal
- Continue learning about Mezcal as our kitchen team prepares tacos with hand-made tortillas you've never experienced before.
- Grill Night Dinner at Pool Terrace. 18:30
- Resident Chef Julio brings our guests the very best of the Mexican grill. Savor our local ingredients and the smokey flavors from the grill that will change how you think about Mexican food. Accompany this delectable meal with flavored Margaritas, Mezcal, and Tequila to taste Mexican barbecue at its most authentic expression. We will have live music to enhance the experience of those joining us.
- Open Cocktail bar
- Live Norteña Band
SATURDAY, MAY 7TH
- Tamal cooking lesson at Oceanfront Pool Terrace. 13:00
- Tamales are a staple of our national gastronomy. We look forward to providing our guests with authentic tamales and delicious Margaritas to showcase some of our country's best food and drink. Discover how and why this once humble dish has made waves throughout the culinary world while you sip on what is arguable- the most refreshing cocktail out there.
- Dinner with Mexican Wine Pairing at Oceanfront Pool Terrace. 18:30
- We conclude our 3-day celebration with a six-course meal and optional wine pairing. We welcome you to enjoy our unique perspective on our region's ingredients that have been artfully elevated for your enjoyment. Dinner by Resident Chef and Chef Thalia Barrios. Thalia Barrios Garcia comes from a long line of cooks, starting with her grandmother and continuing through her mom and aunts. All of them live in the town of San Mateo Yucutindoô in Oaxaca's Sierra Sur. After graduating from culinary school, she had one goal: to open a place where she could cook alongside her aunts and serve the food her family had been perfecting for generations. Tonight you can experience her magic.
- Live Music: International Covers and Jazz