Second Nature: Environmental Responsibility and Sustainability
Lush tropical gardens and waterfalls create a romantic atmosphere at Viceroy Zihuatanejo, which lies on one of Mexico’s most beautiful beaches. At Viceroy Zihuatanejo, we are committed to keeping Zihuatanejo Bay a stunning location, one that future generations can enjoy in the same way as our guests do today. Our plans for ecological responsibility reach all aspects of the resort’s management, from purchasing choices to recycling, striving to reduce our environmental footprint on a continuous basis.
- Over 95% of all lighting at Viceroy Zihuatanejo is LED energy efficient.
- An irrigation system has been installed and set to irrigate in early morning and evening periods only.
- A leak-detection system has been set up for all fixtures.
- An active plan has been established to reduce chlorine usage in the swimming pool and fountains.
- Viceroy Zihuatanejo has implemented a linen and towel reuse program for our guests.
- Our housekeeping staff utilizes eco-friendly and biodegradable cleaning products throughout the property.
- All products, including soaps, shampoo and conditioner, for the spa, guest bathrooms and public restrooms are eco-friendly.
- Viceroy Zihuatanejo has established incentives for employee carpooling and the use of public transport.
- We provide multi-seat transportation to and from the resort.
- We have a comprehensive recycling program that includes light bulbs, glass, cardboard, paper, cell phones, batteries and printer cartridges.
- Our policy for newspaper delivery is by request only.
- All plastic bottles are recycled
- All plastic bottle caps are collected and provided to a company linked with a government initiative to provide complimentary Chemotherapy to children in need per set quantity of plastic caps collected
- Viceroy Zihuatanejo has adopted a Green Purchasing policy that outlines our commitment to purchasing sustainable, eco-friendly products whenever possible.
- We have actively increased the purchasing of food from local sources.