Protecting Aspen: Sustainability at Viceroy Snowmass
At Viceroy Snowmass, we take sustainably seriously. We are committed to meeting your needs while ensuring that future generations have the ability to visit and enjoy Aspen, Colorado. While aware of our industry’s impact on the planet, we recognize sustainability as a process, a path and a journey—one to which we are dedicated and excited about. We have taken several steps to ensure we maintain a high level of environmental stewardship, create a healthy environment for our guests and continue staying at the forefront of sustainable hospitality.
- Viceroy Snowmass was designed and registered with Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) and was awarded Gold certification.
- LEED defines “green building” as the practice of using processes that are environmentally responsible and resource-efficient to reduce the overall impact of the built environment on human health and the natural environment.
- Based on LEED standards, our building is 30% more energy efficient than the design standard for traditionally constructed buildings.
- The building is equipped with improved insulation, high-performance windows and efficient, centrally controlled mechanical and electrical systems.
- All of the fixtures installed in the hotel are low flow, meaning they use less water than ordinary fixtures.
- Viceroy Snowmass anticipates an annual savings of 1.35 million gallons of water, or a 31% improvement than without low-flow fixtures.
- Our housekeeping staff utilizes our state-of-the-art Electrolyzer system, which creates in-house cleaning products that are non-toxic and hypoallergenic, ensuring that the air in your room is healthy, clean and fresh.
- Viceroy Snowmass is providing large bottles of reusable shampoo and conditioner that are cleaned and resealed to limit the waste normally associated with mass quantities of small-scale bottles.
- The in-room laundry facilities, dishwasher and sink are all stocked with an eco-friendly retail cleaning product.
- We have a comprehensive recycling program that includes plastic, glass, cardboard and paper.
- Free parking for any guest and/or patron if they arrive in a high-efficiency vehicle (HEV).
SALES AND MARKETING
- Green Meeting Initiatives are available for groups and tailored to specific needs and requests.
- Viceroy Snowmass has adopted a Green Purchasing policy that outlines our commitment to purchasing sustainable, eco-friendly products whenever possible.