Second Nature: Environmental Responsibility
Viceroy Santa Monica sets a high bar for environmental responsibility, as we understand the impact that our industry can have on the planet and therefore constantly look for ways to improve our sustainability. From water conservation to eco-friendly purchasing policies, we are committed to ecological stewardship while creating the healthiest and most enjoyable environment for our guests and our community.
- For each guest, we provide local listings for eco-friendly restaurants, businesses and services.
- Guests can receive their folios via email at check-out.
- Over 95% of the fixtures installed in the hotel are low flow, meaning they use less water than ordinary fixtures.
- A drip-irrigation system has been installed for all trees and flowerbeds, and is set to irrigate in early morning and evening periods only.
- A leak-detection system has been set up for all fixtures.
- An active plan has been established to reduce chlorine usage in the swimming pool and fountains.
- Viceroy Santa Monica has implemented a linen and towel reuse program for our guests.
- Our housekeeping staff utilizes our state-of-the-art Electrolyzer system, which creates in-house cleaning products that are non-toxic and hypoallergenic, ensuring that the air in your room is healthy, clean and fresh.
- All products, including soaps, shampoo and conditioner, for the spa, guest bathrooms and public restrooms are eco-friendly.
- Neil George refillable soap, shampoo and conditioner bottles are used in all guest bathrooms, saving thousands of plastic bottles each month.
INDOOR AIR QUALITY
- Viceroy Santa Monica has an air purifier or HEPA filter in each room.
- The property is 100% non-smoking.
- Guests with hybrid cars receive $10 off overnight parking.
- Viceroy Santa Monica has established incentives for employee carpooling and the use of public transport.
- We have a comprehensive recycling program that includes light bulbs, glass, cardboard, paper, cell phones, batteries and printer cartridges.
- Our policy for newspaper delivery is by request only.
- We installed run off filters in our parking lots to prevent debris from draining into the Santa Monica Bay.
- Viceroy Santa Monica has adopted a Green Purchasing policy that outlines our commitment to purchasing sustainable, eco-friendly products whenever possible.
- We have actively increased the purchasing of food from local sources.