Viceroy Santa Monica Hotel FAQs
Show All | Hide All
Our hotel features the following ADA accessible features:
- Accessible guest rooms with a 36 inch wide opening
- Fitness Center entrance is accessible
- Meeting spaces are all accessible
- Pool entrances are all accessible
- Business center entrance is accessible
- Self operating lifts for pools
- Restaurants and lounges are all accessible
- Main entrance is accessible
- Pathway to registration desk is accessible
- Registration desk is accessible
- Route to accessible guest rooms is accessible
- Service animals are allowed for persons with disabilities
- 100% of rooms in each category can be made hearing-impaired accessible
Cancellations must be made 24 hours prior to check-in (by 3:00 PM PST). Cancellations made less than 24 hours prior to check-in will result in a credit card charge for one night.
Special cancellation policies may apply for packages, promotions, certain arrival dates, and rates.
Yes, Viceroy Santa Monica charges a nominal fee of $21 per night.
This program includes but is not limited to the following:
- Daily Priority bike rentals, maximum two bikes per room
- Welcome glass of champagne upon arrival
- Morning selection of coffees and teas
- Newspapers available upon request
- Complimentary internet access
- Computers available for guest use in library
- Seasonal Wellness Programs including:
- Fitness Classes*
- 24-Hour fitness center: free weights and the latest cardio equipment
- Running and cycling routes with complimentary bottled water
- Seasonal entertainment programming*
- Seasonal pool offerings*: towels, f&b tastes, pool concierge service
*As programmed or subject to availability
Our two plunge pools are both heated and open for swimming from sunrise to sunset.
Cabanas can be reserved for a rental fee and food and beverage minimum, both during the day and evening. Please call our special events department at 310 260 7507 to make your Santa Monica hotel reservation.
Thursday through Saturday nights can be very busy at the Cameo bar and poolside. We attract a great group of local Angelenos as well as visitors to the Viceroy for cocktails and our amazing bar menu. You will find a younger, hip crowd, usually in more upscale dress, large crowds poolside, and DJs spinning music. There is no list to get in, but if you're not a Viceroy Santa Monica hotel guest then you might endure a short wait based upon capacity.
With the Santa Monica Pier being only a short walk away, families can enjoy the aquarium as well as great rides, including the Pacific Wheel (the world's ONLY solar-powered Ferris wheel!). Another great idea is to walk down to the boardwalk, rent a bike from Perry's Cafe and go for a nice sunset ride along the shore.
The hotel was designed by Kelly Wearstler in a British-Regency style. Kelly is also the wife of our hotel group's founder, Brad Korzen!
Check in time is at 3pm and check out is at 11am. We cannot guarantee either early or late check-in, but as with all special requests we will always note it in your Santa Monica reservation. If we have availability, and a guest is not scheduled to check-in to your room, we can offer a 2pm late check out at the rate of $75. Please note there is a half-day rate (half of your current rate) for staying in your room until 6pm, and checking out after 6pm warrants a full day rate (based on the best available rate of the hotel). Again, late check-out is only based on availability and with confirmation from the front desk.
We do not currently have an early departure fee; however, if you decide to check-out of your room, and it is after 6:00pm, you will be charged for the full night.
We like to know who is checking into the hotel, so we can assist in customizing your experience. If we know that you are coming with your children, and we know how old they are, we can help you with determining activities in the area or within the hotel.
You must be 18 years old with valid ID to make a reservation and check into the hotel on your own.
We offer Valet Parking for $39/night plus 10% tax. Santa Monica does not allow overnight parking on their streets. All hotels in Santa Monica charge for overnight parking.
We welcome a maximum of two dogs only, weighing no more than 50 pounds each. There is a $50 pet fee, per pet, per night of stay that is non-refundable. We provide special pet friendly amenities such as a dog bed, water bowl and dog food.