Chef Tony's culinary excellence continues to win the admiration of guests and critics alike. Now featuring a diverse, internationally-inspired menu, Chef Tony is proud to offer his tricks to the trade with his step by step family recipes.
DiSalvo Family Meatballs
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 2 pounds ground vela
- 8 ounces ground pancetta
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces ciabatta, toasted
- 12 ounces whole milk
- 5 eggs
- 1 bunch parsley, coarsely chopped
- Ground pepper
- 4 ounces olive oil
- 2 large cans tomatoes, crushed
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 basil leaves
- 4 ounces shaved Parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, combine pork, veal, and pancetta. In another bowl, combine ricotta, toasted bread, milk, eggs, salt, and pepper. Mix well and allow to sit until milk is fully absorbed.
- Fold bread mixture into meat and add parsley. Shape in to 2 oz. balls and lay out on a parchment lined sheet pan with an inch of space between each meatball. Bake in a 400˚F oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a large sauce pot, heat olive oil and cook onion and garlic until golden. Add tomatoes and meatballs and simmer for 2 hours.
- Finish with basil leaves and shaved Parmesan cheese.
Cast Iron-Roasted Corn Bread & Maple Butter
- 1 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cup sugar
- 7 eggs
- 3 1/2 cup half and half
- 5 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cup corn meal, finely ground
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cup pureed canned corn
- 1 1/2 cup canned corn kernels
- Blend the cornmeal in the blender for 1 minute
- In mixer, combine sugar and butter, beat with paddle to cream
- Add eggs, half and half, puree and corn
- Add dry ingredients until combined
- Bake in cast iron loaves at 350 for 17 minutes.
- 1 pound butter
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mix all ingredients until well combined