Second Nature: Environmental Responsibility and Sustainability
Viceroy Riviera Maya lies between a pristine stretch of sand and a primitive tropical forest, and was carefully designed to respect and accentuate the unique surroundings. We are determined to preserve this natural sanctuary to the best of our ability, and that includes engaging policies for ecological responsibility. Viceroy Riviera Maya is as committed to our guests’ comfort as we are to our environmental stewardship, and making every effort we can to reducing the impact that our industry has on the planet.
- For each guest, we provide local listings for eco-friendly restaurants, businesses and services.
- Over 85% of the fixtures installed in the hotel are low flow, meaning they use less water than ordinary fixtures.
- Viceroy Riviera Maya’s irrigation system is set to water in early morning and evening periods only.
- Viceroy Riviera Maya has implemented a linen and towel reuse program for our guests.
- An active plan has been established to reduce chlorine usage in the swimming pool and fountains.
- Our housekeeping staff utilizes eco-friendly and biodegradable cleaning products throughout the property.
- All products, including soaps, shampoo and conditioner, for the spa, guest bathrooms and public restrooms are eco-friendly.
- We have a comprehensive recycling program that includes light bulbs, plastic, aluminum, glass, cardboard, paper, cell phones, batteries and printer cartridges.
- Our policy for newspaper delivery is by request only.
- Viceroy Riviera Maya has established incentives for employee carpooling and the use of public transport.
- We provide multi-seat transportation to and from the resort.
- Viceroy Riviera Maya has adopted a Green Purchasing policy that outlines our commitment to purchasing sustainable, eco-friendly products whenever possible.
- We have actively increased the purchasing of food from local sources.