Mucbil PolloTotal Time:
1 banana leaf
2 plum tomatos (Quarters)
1 onion (slices)
3 habanero Chilli Pepper
1 Xcatic Chilli Pepper
For the K´ol
200gr of Corn Masa (dissolve with 400ml of Chicken Broth)
Achiote Mix (150gr Achiote, 20gr Onion, 1 plum Tomato, 1 garlic Clove)
5 Chicken Drumsticks
½ lb Pork meat
2 lb Corn Dough
250gr Fat Pork
Salt and Pepper as need
- Make the K´ool: Heat a Pan Pot, with 50gr of fat pork, add the chicken then the pork and pour the achiote mix, and pour the Masa with the Broth, until you have a Consistency really thick seasoning with salt and Pepper, let it cool and set aside.
- Make a Corn Dough with Corn Masa and Fat Pork, separate in 2 portion, make 2 big Tortillas and pour one of them in a Banana Leaf over a Bake Sheet, add the K´ool and the vegetables, cover with the other Tortilla and wrap with the rest of the banana leaf.
- Put in the oven and bake, The Mayans use to cook int the pib hole, inside the soil with hot stones.
Dulce de Calabaza en TachaTotal Time: 4 hrs
Active Time: 1hr
1 whole pumpkin (about 7 pounds), peeled and seeded
5 pounds of Mexican piloncillo (or brown sugar)
1 cinnamon stick
5 pieces of cloves
1 piece of nutmeg
1 pinch of salt
3 liters of water
- Make a syrup with the water, piloncillo, cinnamon stick, cloves, nutmeg, and salt. Boil for 40 minutes.
- Chop the pumpkin into cubes, then add to syrup. Let simmer for 3 hours.
- Drain the syrup and set the pumpkin chunks aside to chill.
- To serve as dessert, dress with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Slow Fire Pan Seared Sea BassTotal Time: 1hr
Active Time: 1hr
Makes 2 servings
1 Fillet of Sea Bass
Achiote (as need)
80 gr Plantain
1 piece of Red Pepper
4 Pieces of Chaya Leaf
Salt and Pepper
- Seasoning the Sea Bass Fillet with salt and Pepper.
- Marinate with the achiote. Set aside
- Bake de plantain with butter, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Mashed and mixed with Red bell Pepper on Brunoise, add salt and pepper.
- Blanching the Chaya leaf and filled with the plantain puree.
- Crusted the Sea Bass with Amaranth Seed and seared.
- For the coulisse, with a Red Bell Pepper take off the Skin and seed, blended and stain, simmering with salt and pepper to check it the seasoning.
- To Serve put coulisse Piquillo Pepper on the bottom, them the Chaya-Plantain and finally on the top the Sea Bass .