Second Nature: Environmental Responsibility and Sustainability
Viceroy Palm Springs is an oasis in a desert setting, and as such we realize the value of each and every natural resource. Therefore, we are as committed to environmental stewardship as we are to exceeding our guests’ needs, while also being caretakers of our distinctive environment for generations to come. Although we understand the impact that our industry has on the environment, we are dedicated to improving our hotel’s sustainability and maintain many programs to ensure our ecological responsibility. We endeavor to create the healthiest environment possible for our guests during their stay at Palm Springs’ most distinctive boutique resort and spa.
- A drip-irrigation system has been installed for all trees and flowerbeds, and is set to irrigate in early morning and evening periods only.
- A leak-detection system has been set up for all fixtures
Viceroy Palm Springs has implemented a linen and towel reuse program for our guests.
- Synthetic grass lawn has been installed in heavy traffic areas reducing the need for watering, fertilizing or chemicals.
- Our housekeeping staff utilizes eco-friendly and biodegradable cleaning products throughout the property.
- All products, including soaps, shampoo and conditioner, for the spa, guest bathrooms and public restrooms are eco-friendly.
INDOOR AIR QUALITY
- Viceroy Palm Springs is 100% non-smoking in room & public areas.
- We have a comprehensive recycling program that includes light bulbs, plastic, aluminum, glass, cardboard, paper, cell phones, batteries and printer cartridges.
- Our policy for newspaper delivery is by request only.
- Viceroy Palm Springs has adopted a Green Purchasing policy that outlines our commitment to purchasing sustainable, eco-friendly products whenever possible.