Second Nature: Environmental Responsibility and Sustainability
As Viceroy Anguilla has been built on the edge of one of the Caribbean’s most-loved islands, and because of that, we realize that each and every natural resource in the islands is rare and precious. Therefore, we are as committed to sustainability as we are to meeting your needs, while also maintaining Anguilla’s beauty for future generations to experience and enjoy. Although we understand the impact that our industry has on the environment, we are dedicated to improving our resort’s sustainability and have enacted many programs to ensure our ecological stewardship. We endeavor to create the healthiest environment possible for our guests as they explore the wonders of our Caribbean island.
- Over 90% of the fixtures installed in the hotel are low flow, meaning they use less water than ordinary fixtures.
- A leak-detection system has been set up for all fixtures
- A drip-irrigation system has been installed for all trees and flowerbeds, and is set to irrigate in early morning and evening periods only.
- Our housekeeping staff utilizes eco-friendly and biodegradable cleaning products throughout the property, ensuring that the air in your room is healthy, clean and fresh.
- All products, including soaps, shampoo and conditioner, for the spa, guest bathrooms and public restrooms are eco-friendly.
- Our policy for newspaper delivery is by request only, and they are hung on guests’ doors in reusable bags
- The plastic cups and bottled water have been replaced in the spa
- The trash pickup schedule is modified during low-occupancy, off-season periods
- Viceroy Anguilla is committed to purchasing sustainable, eco-friendly products whenever possible.
- We have actively increased the purchasing of food from local sources.